Thursday, June 17, 2010

SUSHI

So I had my first true experience with sushi last night and it was amazing. The restaurant was in a mall that is near our hostel. Rotating around the restaurant was a conveyor belt, and the chef prepared the dishes at the front near the entrance then placed the dishes onto the belt. The food that we ate is recorded by keeping the plates you grab on your table. It was only $1.8SD for a small plate of sushi. This was two little rice ball things wrapped around the sushi and vegetables... I think? There were also other little dishes. There was also a menu with more dishes that could be ordered. We ordered a couple dishes with raw fish because all the dishes on the belt were cooked. I had raw tuna, and it was pretty good. I found out that wasabi is my favorite spice.

The floor above the restaurant had a this business that just had a bunch of gaming computers and you can go there for $2/hr and play online multiplayer games. I'm tempted. One kid was playing WoW and counter-strike at the same time. Right next to that was an arcade that was as stereotypically Asian as an arcade could get. It was great.

I had durian the night before and last night i had a durian pancake. I liked it quite a bit. They just cooked a regular pancake, then put down some durian fruit that and wrapped it up. Durian is a fruit that is a very pungent odor and unique taste and texture. Some people find the odor repulsive and others enjoy it. I really didn't mind it; maybe I even enjoyed it. So far I think I'm the only one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

1 comment:

  1. "I really didn't mind it; maybe I even enjoyed it" = classic

    ReplyDelete